Individuals, who have generously made a planned gift to benefit Middletown Christian Schools’ Foundation, are a blessing to Middletown Christian Schools.
There are multiple ways to make a planned gift:
- Wills and Bequests – A gift to MCSF by will permits you to retain all of your assets during your lifetime and/or the life of your spouse. Designations may be for a percent of your estate or for a specified amount.
- Charitable Gift Annuities – When you transfer cash or securities of more than $10,000 to the MCS Foundation, the annuity would guarantee you a fixed stream of income for life. The income would flow to you and your spouse, if, after which the remaining principal of the annuity becomes a gift to MCSF. This provides a current income tax savings and possible capital gains savings.
- Life Insurance – When the added protection of an insurance policy is no longer needed, transferring the policy’s ownership to Middletown Christian Schools’ Foundation can result in tax benefits for you and a generous gift for MCSF. The MCSF can also be included as a beneficiary, contingency beneficiary or owner of a new or existing policy.
- Charitable Lead Trust – A charitable lead trust can be appropriate if you have ample income now, but desire to retain ownership of the trust principal to meet future financial goals for your family. Income will be directed to the MCSF for the specific term of the trust, after which time, the principal will return to you or designated survivors.
- Outright Gift – A direct gift of cash, appreciated securities or real properties may be the most convenient way for you to make a contribution to the MCSF.
- Retirement Funds – For those who may have significant retirement plan assets, potential estate and income taxes on any part of those assets that might still be in one’s estate at death can be avoided by making the MCSF the beneficiary of any unused plan assets.
As you develop your Planned Giving program, please consider Middletown Christian Schools’ Foundation now or in the future. If you would need information regarding the Foundation to help assist you in your planning, please contact Mark Allen, Chairman of the MCS Foundation at (513) 420-1570 or firstname.lastname@example.org.